Friday, August 02, 2013

August Crafty Challenge!

Amanda hosted last months challenge and she was excited to host this months too!  You can check out her challenge below and see what she has to say!!

I had so much fun with last months crafty challenge I thought it would be fun to do August's as well!

My challenge for you guys this time is to use paint! Christa (our DT coordinator) introduced me to water colour paint at a crop and I have been hooked ever since. You can paint on your background, paint an embellishment, paint a project, etc.


This is the layout that I created using paint. I used my water colours to create my background and it turned out awesome!


I also used my water colours to paint on my doily. It started out white and with just a little pop of colour completely changed the look of it!


I used some of Studio Calico's wood embellishments on my layout to finish it off. 


I also used one of my other favourite techniques on my layout which is journaling using my Silhouette! I can't wait to see everyone's projects for this months crafty challenge! Thanks for stopping by!

This is how our Crafty Challenge works:
  • The challenge is issued at the beginning of each month.  You have until the last day of the month (August 31st) at 11:59pm link up your project.  
  • You can link your project in 2 ways - using the Mr. Linky tool below or upload it to our Forum and Gallery under the appropriate sections.
  • You can create any type of paper crafting project, but it needs to be a brand new project, created for this challenge.  
  • You can enter as many projects as you wish and you will receive an entry for each one (one entry for each double page layout, single page layout, card etc).
  • All entries will be entered into a random draw that will take place after the final entry time and the winner will be posted on our blog.  
  • The winner will receive a $25 gift card to use in our store, or our online store.  It will expire 30 days from the issue date.  
  • Have fun playing along!

9 comments:

Tracey said...

A fabulous challenge!! I was happy to play along!!

Christa said...

Gorgeous! I love the photo and the colour palette here. Your doilie is fab!

Karen said...

THanks for a fun challenge....
my #2 card should not be posted...so sorry and I tried to remove it but it wouldn't go.

Ruby said...

I linked a layout for this challenge. In the gallery.

Ruby said...

Another layout for this challenge.

Ruby said...

Here is another using paint.

MaryAnn said...

I put mine on Mr Linky.

Jayne said...

Great challenge Amanda, I just managed to scrape in under the wire with my layout!

Mamilou said...

Great challenge. Just happened to have been learning and making lots of cards recently using paint, re-inker and the likes. I'll post a few here.